Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just the way you are


Just the way you are…

One of the many things I like doing, is dedicating songs to all the amazing people I meet,
 coming from the land of Bollywood films, been ‘filmi’ (local lingo for melodrama) comes naturally to me.
 I so want to paste a smiley wink after that sentence, I have to hold myself back and reprimand myself that this is not BBM or an sms.
So no dramatics.

 To come to the point, what if someone asks you to dedicate a song to yourself, 
which one would you choose and why?

 Write to me, I would love to know more about you and of course what better way to learn about music then from someone who knows theirs.

It would be tough for me to name just one, but for the moment let’s say I choose
‘Just the way you are’ originally sung by Billy Joel , the version I like is by Diana Krall .
It’s a song I dedicate to myself.
In our quest for physical perfection we sometimes lose ourselves, forgetting who we are and what makes us unique.

Wellness to me means revelling in our differences and aspiring for balance and harmony in our lives. Nurturing what makes us inherently who we are; and giving fuel to the goodness in all of us, on a daily basis.
This is an exercise in spiritual fitness, that helps us cope with the day to day pressures and stress.
If everything and everyone looked the same, the world would be such a boring place. Its all the differences in life that make living so interesting. Celebrate your uniqueness and rejoice in it.
Start with dedicating a song to yourself every week, experience the joy that music brings into our lives.
Take care of yourself; there is no one else like you.

Be well.







No comments:

Post a Comment